News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Viruses Coming Alive --- Part 1 (Introduction)
Computer viruses are mysterious and grab our attention because everytime a new virus hits, it makes a news if it spreads quickly. On one hand they show us how vulnerable we are, and on the other hand ....
An introduction to packet sniffing
This is an introduction to the technique of packet sniffing. Packet sniffing can be very handy to debug your network. ....

Remote Git Hosting

Plesk can be integrated with Git (the most commonly used source code management system for developers) easily. Git repositories can be managed and sites can be deployed from them to specific public directories. It can be a valuable transport for initial publishing and future updates.

Viruses Coming Alive --- Part 1 (Introduction)
Computer viruses are mysterious and grab our attention because everytime a new virus hits, it makes a news if it spreads quickly. On one hand they show us how vulnerable we are, and on the other hand they show us how sophisticated and interconnected human beings have become.

TCP/IP an introduction
This is a primer on the default internet protocol stack TCP/IP.

An introduction to packet sniffing
This is an introduction to the technique of packet sniffing. Packet sniffing can be very handy to debug your network.

Telnet
An introdution to telnet. Read this to get a first introduction on how telnet works.

Trojan FAQ
Trojans are the programs that seems to do nothing or something constructive .. but actually your machine is being possessed by someone else. Trojans are disguised as a good piece of software ... we will see the various methods of delivering Trojans later in this tutorial. As soon as you execute the Trojan infected file. The Trojan installs itself, without your knowledge, in some hidden place usually say %system root%.

Proxy/Wingates/Socks Host
In this tutorial I will teach you What is a Proxy? What is a Wingate? What is a Socks host? and how you can use them to increase your anonimity on the net.

Kernel Compilation under Linux
This tutorial is based on a 2.4.19 kernel. It will help you installing your kernel easiely and securly. From the configuration of the kernel to the set of bootloaders, the tutorial makes an overview of all you need to know to compile a kernel without any effort.

Back Channeling using Xterm
The main aim of an attacker is to gain command line or interactive shell access on the target server. You might feel yourself secure as you have a fire wall installed and blocked incoming connections on the ports of the interactive services such as telnet, ssh, rlogin etc. But, the truth is that you are insecure even if you have disabled those services or turned them off.

Creating a simple mail bomber in PHP
This mail bomber is just been made to teach you that how you can use PHP's mail() function to send emails. I know that there are many bugs in this mail bomber. I tried to write the code as short as possible so that you can understand easily. If you want me to write a more functional & complex script without such bugs and security flaws then send me a request, I may do one for you If I get some time.

Sending a fake mail
Want to fool your friend and have fun with him by sending him a fake mail from his girlfriend's address? So lets send him a fake mail using SMTP manually.

Easy to switch to vi mode
The readline support in the bash shell defaults to emacs editing mode. You can easily switch that to vi mode by issuing the following command: set -o vi.

Useful shell functions
These common but useful shell functions will let you complete your task much easier on command line on a unix system.

Reading Windows partition
Want to read your windows partition from linux? Here is how to do that.

Message Broadcasting
This little trick will let you know that how you can print your messages at users terminal using "wall" and "rwall".

Message of the day
Want to print the policies of your company or any other message at login? This tip tells you how to do that.

Channels

Recent Advisories
 Acroread 5.0.7 buffer overflow
 NetMeeting Directory Traversal Vulnerability
 Windows Media Services Remote Command Execution #2
 BRS WebWeaver Error Page Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
 Symantec Security Check ActiveX Buffer Overflow
 Authentication Vulnerability in NetScreen ScreenOS
 Multiple vulnerabilities in Tutos
 pMachine (PHP) : Include() Security Hole
 Bug found in: Polymorph 0.4.0
 Nessus NASL scripting engine security issues

Current Discussions
RPC Worm
ASCII Generator
Yet another SCO thread.
Trinity Rescue Kit
SCO vs Linux continued.
Please Help
stuck with mysql!
Fine, Remedies For Microsoft
Kill Process in Linux
Post's since last visit.

Affiliates

� Copyright Linux Advisory 2003. All rights reserved.
We are not responsible for the comment and story contributed by users.