News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » Entertainment » MaX Gamers Forums Open » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 29 [?]
Experience Points: 206.636
Next Level: 242.754
36.118 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Attention MaX Gamers Forums Open Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Our new site "MaX Gamers" is now up and running at http://www.maxgamers.com/forums/. So, help and contribute to the new community.
Roll Eyes Smile Big Grin Cool

06-13-2003 22:56 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Telos Telos is a Male
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 06-04-2003
Linux Distro: hmm....

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00

Level: 19 [?]
Experience Points: 17.884
Next Level: 22.851
4.967 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

whohoo...yeah!
So when do you think the main site can be launched?

06-14-2003 08:56 Send an Email to Telos Homepage of Telos Search for Posts by Telos Add Telos to your Buddy List Add Telos to your Contact List AIM Screenname: dreamimpactcom
Heather Heather is a Female
Respected Member

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 24 [?]
Experience Points: 77.746
Next Level: 79.247
1.501 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

I hate UBBThreads...

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

06-14-2003 20:55 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Telos
whohoo...yeah!
So when do you think the main site can be launched?

The main section might be launched in couple of days as soon as I finish coding the CMS.

quote:
Originally posted by Heather
I hate UBBThreads...

Its structure and code is better that any other BBS. Its good from developer point of view. But it lacks the user friendly interface. Due to this reason, I might move to vBulletin 3.0.

06-14-2003 21:11 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Respected Member

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Ravish
quote:
Originally posted by Heather
I hate UBBThreads...

Its structure and code is better that any other BBS. Its good from developer point of view. But it lacks the user friendly interface. Due to this reason, I might move to vBulletin 3.0.

Excuse me while I roll around on the floor laughing histerically. I'm sorry but you are DEAD wrong there Ravish. The best programmed forum system out there is BY FAR InvisionBoard, however, BurningBoard gives it a good run for its money. PhpBB is incapable of a giant load...the database has an amazing ability to self-destruct itself. vBulletin, well, it's a good system, however, it uses entirely too many SQL queries per page load to be any serious competition for Invision or BurningBoard in the future.

06-14-2003 21:26 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

I know Invision Board is also good. But, don't know why I don't want to use it. I prefer vBulletin. Well.... let me think... should I use Invision Board this time?

06-14-2003 21:37 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Telos Telos is a Male
Super Moderator

Rating:

I agree with Heather that UBBthreads and the maxgamers forums is not good. I just didn't dare to say anything Smile I have good experiences with InvisionBoard and I can recommend that. The new version (1.2 final) should be available for download next week, or so I have heard so if you want to go for that one it's nice. honestly I think that anything is better than UBBThreads. It just looks awful and isn't as good as the rest of the site. But I'm glad you also have seen the "Problem" and that you are doing something about it.

06-15-2003 09:24 Send an Email to Telos Homepage of Telos Search for Posts by Telos Add Telos to your Buddy List Add Telos to your Contact List AIM Screenname: dreamimpactcom
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

So, finally I have decided to use vBulletin 3.0. I am working on the vBulletin style and it should be up soon Smile.

06-15-2003 09:50 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Telos Telos is a Male
Super Moderator

Rating:

Great! Thanx for doing this

06-15-2003 14:28 Send an Email to Telos Homepage of Telos Search for Posts by Telos Add Telos to your Buddy List Add Telos to your Contact List AIM Screenname: dreamimpactcom
Respected Member

Rating:

quote:
So, finally I have decided to use vBulletin 3.0. I am working on the vBulletin style and it should be up soon Smile.

At least you've stopped using UBBThreads, however, vBulletin3 is not going to be able to keep up with forums like InvisionBoard and BurningBoard. All they're doing is optimizing the code between the two versions to try and squeeze out speed; what they should do is completely rewrite the database structure. While doing this they could easily impliment the age old request..."I want to use PostgreSQL with my vBulletin installation, how can I do that?"

06-16-2003 15:32 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Telos Telos is a Male
Super Moderator

Rating:

What's the maxgamers status at the moment? I can't access the forum anymore and when I try to go www.maxgamers.com it says the domain doesn't exist?

07-02-2003 07:19 Send an Email to Telos Homepage of Telos Search for Posts by Telos Add Telos to your Buddy List Add Telos to your Contact List AIM Screenname: dreamimpactcom
Respected Member

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Telos
What's the maxgamers status at the moment? I can't access the forum anymore and when I try to go www.maxgamers.com it says the domain doesn't exist?

It does not...it's just the default message you get when there is no index file, for me at least.

07-04-2003 04:32 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

We removed old stuff.... so wait for new stuff.

07-05-2003 16:52 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Respected Member

Rating:

quote:
We removed old stuff.... so wait for new stuff.

Ok, whatever.

07-06-2003 19:02 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
kaplish kaplish is a Male
Double As

Registration Date: 07-25-2003
Linux Distro: Linux Red hat

Rating:
6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00

Level: 17 [?]
Experience Points: 11.783
Next Level: 13.278
1.495 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Http Not Found Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

THERE IS NO ANY FORUMS THERE
IS RAVISH IS LYING WITH THEIR MEMBERS
LOL!

08-28-2003 10:16 Homepage of kaplish Search for Posts by kaplish Add kaplish to your Buddy List Add kaplish to your Contact List AIM Screenname: usnipun YIM Screenname: usnipun
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

RE: Http Not Found Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

quote:
Originally posted by kaplish
THERE IS NO ANY FORUMS THERE
IS RAVISH IS LYING WITH THEIR MEMBERS
LOL!

We took them down. Soon going to be launched with new CMS.

08-28-2003 11:02 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: