News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » Announcement & Suggestions » Fix The Speed » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Heather Heather is a Female
Respected Member

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 25 [?]
Experience Points: 83.064
Next Level: 100.000
16.936 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Fix The Speed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Dude, you seriousely need to fix the operating speed of this site. The database isn't loading pages very quickly. Even on the fastest of connections I have access to it takes a long time to load pages. This could be related to several things. One of which could be the main cause if you're co-located. Another could be some faulty config file in Apache. I really don't know what's causing it at the time since I don't have root, however, I know you can fix it. Please do so as quickly as possible. Smile

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

06-20-2003 03:51 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 29 [?]
Experience Points: 217.968
Next Level: 242.754
24.786 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

I have also noticed this, So we are soon moving to new server and changing the backend/CMS of the site so that pages load quickly. I'll also change the design of the site.

www.gamingcell.com

06-20-2003 10:17 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Telos Telos is a Male
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 06-04-2003
Linux Distro: hmm....

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00

Level: 19 [?]
Experience Points: 18.891
Next Level: 22.851
3.960 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

for me it takes quite a time to load at first time but using the forum after that is quick. Don't know what's with that.
damn, I love this layout...hopefully the next one will be even better Smile

06-20-2003 10:56 Send an Email to Telos Homepage of Telos Search for Posts by Telos Add Telos to your Buddy List Add Telos to your Contact List AIM Screenname: dreamimpactcom
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

The speed of forum is ok. But the main Articles system is not so nice and gettin a bit slow. So, I hope new CMS will solve the problem.

www.gamingcell.com

06-20-2003 13:43 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Respected Member

Rating:

No, you're switch did not do anything. May I suggest working on Apache. Tongue

06-20-2003 18:41 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

Apache is working fine. This server is actually not that fast, We know its a bit slow.

www.gamingcell.com

06-20-2003 19:33 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Respected Member

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Ravish
Apache is working fine. This server is actually not that fast, We know its a bit slow.

That sucks...you can't expect the website to pick up without crashing if it can barely take little ol me browsing it. I suggest you begin planning for the future and be prepared to impliment it when the day comes to pass. Smile That's my advice for you. Smile

06-21-2003 20:16 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

Don't worry dear. We are working on a something really cool. And about to surprise you soon Smile

www.gamingcell.com

06-21-2003 20:19 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
kerbeos_hole kerbeos_hole is a Male
Cool Newbie

Registration Date: 07-23-2003
Linux Distro: Suse

Rating:
1 Votes - Average Rating: 8.00

Level: 11 [?]
Experience Points: 1.931
Next Level: 2.074
143 point(s) of experience needed for next level

+ gg + Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Big Grin For me is just woking fine Confused , great linux forums Tongue

quote:
Yo estoy libre de perjuicios Yo odio a todos por igual!

07-23-2003 03:54 Send an Email to kerbeos_hole Search for Posts by kerbeos_hole Add kerbeos_hole to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

We are soon gonna have alot more additions, including photo gallery.

www.gamingcell.com

07-23-2003 05:44 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: