News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Q & A - Discussions » Programming & Coding » UniForm Server » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Telos Telos is a Male
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 06-04-2003
Linux Distro: hmm....

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00

Level: 19 [?]
Experience Points: 17.858
Next Level: 22.851
4.993 point(s) of experience needed for next level

UniForm Server Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

I don't know if this is new or old stuff for you but thought to post this anyway. Uniform Server is like they say in the site "The minimal server solution for windows - 2Mb only". So what it is actually?. It's a combination of Apache2, Perl5, PHP4, MySQL4 and phpMyAdmin. It's all there in the same package and the best part is that this one doesn't need ANY installation. Just unzip and you're ready to go. It has it's own administration panel where you can configure it a little though it was all I needed.

I used FoxServ before but since my knowledge on these things is not so good and I had some difficult times updating the modules myself I switched to Uniform Server. Uniform server is being updated pretty often with new features and latest versions of modules. Uniform Server is especially good in development which I use it for so if you have windows box just try this and you'll love...I do Smile

Changelog
Uniform Server

06-24-2003 07:37 Send an Email to Telos Homepage of Telos Search for Posts by Telos Add Telos to your Buddy List Add Telos to your Contact List AIM Screenname: dreamimpactcom
Heather Heather is a Female
Respected Member

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 24 [?]
Experience Points: 77.339
Next Level: 79.247
1.908 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Nice find Telos...though it has to install itself for apache, mysql to work...if not the program, definetly the services.

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

06-24-2003 15:42 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Telos Telos is a Male
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 06-04-2003
Linux Distro: hmm....

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00

Level: 19 [?]
Experience Points: 17.858
Next Level: 22.851
4.993 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

No it doesn't install apache or those as a service...or at least they aren't in my service list...there is an option to run a .bat file which would install them as service but that's just optional. I don't know how this stuff works but it works and it's great Smile whiuuu....I'm in love

06-24-2003 16:09 Send an Email to Telos Homepage of Telos Search for Posts by Telos Add Telos to your Buddy List Add Telos to your Contact List AIM Screenname: dreamimpactcom
Respected Member

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Telos
No it doesn't install apache or those as a service...or at least they aren't in my service list...there is an option to run a .bat file which would install them as service but that's just optional. I don't know how this stuff works but it works and it's great Smile whiuuu....I'm in love

Haha, nice find dude...Windows does require services to be installed. I'm going to see if I can find out how it tricks Windows. Would be interesting to see how. Smile

The best testing platform for web applications I've found so far, better than FoxServ is AppServ. It's very versatile and a lot easier to use than FoxServ even though FoxServ is developed by a 3M Network site. You can check it out at it's SourceForge site or it's home page. It's a bit bulky compared to this UniServer you just showed...but I feel it's a good starter package. Smile

I'm going to fiddle around a bit with UniServer 2.6 and tell you what I think. Smile

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Heather on 06-24-2003 at 21:28.

06-24-2003 21:22 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 29 [?]
Experience Points: 205.307
Next Level: 242.754
37.447 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I've been using foxserv, its bigger in size but nice Smile

06-28-2003 19:33 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
onzeponze onzeponze is a Male
Lord

Registration Date: 06-17-2003
Linux Distro: Knoppix

Rating:
6 Votes - Average Rating: 3.83

Level: 22 [?]
Experience Points: 41.213
Next Level: 49.025
7.812 point(s) of experience needed for next level

just downloaded it, will check it out soon. I never took the trouble of downloading foxserv, i will soon, after appserv.

06-29-2003 02:32 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Respected Member

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Ravish
I've been using foxserv, its bigger in size but nice Smile

Sorry dude...but AppServ simply has FoxServ beat.

06-29-2003 23:55 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: