News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » News » using mp3 file format in red hat linux 8/9 » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 9.22

Level: 13 [?]
Experience Points: 3.870
Next Level: 4.033
163 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Thumb Up! using mp3 file format in red hat linux 8/9 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

MP3 SUPPORT FOR RED HAT LINUX 8/9

well this is my first so called tutorial on linux
all of you using linux in ur pc's or servers must be knowing the fact that the latest versions of red hat linux that is 8.0 and 9.0 doesn't supports mp3 file format but had add an additional format called org vorbis but getting songs on that is really difficult stuff . so if u want to use mp3 format on linux 8/9 then there are couple of ways or as said in my country jugaad well either you can download a mp3 player called mp3blaster from http://www.mpg123.de/ or you can get mp3 plugin for xmms player(that cute winamp look alike player) in the form of rpm package namely xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm from http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/ and then install it by giving command

# rpm -i xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm

then right click on xmms go to options -> prefrences and then configure that plugin...

if u dont get that plugin or any mp3 player for linux then drop me a mail and i would send it to you

thats all for now
if u find any bugs or have any problem in this or any others doubt or questions about linux or windows do email me at
[email protected] (i answer all my mails)

bye for now
smartass

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

07-24-2003 18:13 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Prasad Prasad is a Male
Cool Newbie

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Linux Distro: Red hat

Rating:
1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Level: 8 [?]
Experience Points: 612
Next Level: 674
62 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Wine is the solution Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

There is no direct support for MP3 songs in Linux 8/9, Yes all those things which smartass said will work, but i think there is again a simple way for playing MP3 songs in Linux 8/9, Windows emulator(Wine), which can install winamp on linux Os
So need not to download anything just doubleclick the Winamp setup, complete that and you can run all Mp3 songs on Linux.

cute

07-31-2003 10:34 Send an Email to Prasad Search for Posts by Prasad Add Prasad to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 9.22

Level: 13 [?]
Experience Points: 3.870
Next Level: 4.033
163 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

well thanx prasad
nice post
he..he...he....

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

07-31-2003 17:52 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: