News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » General » Hacking Exposed 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.001 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kaplish kaplish is a Male
Triple As

Registration Date: 07-25-2003
Linux Distro: Linux Red hat

Rating:
6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00

Level: 18 [?]
Experience Points: 15.315
Next Level: 17.484
2.169 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Shocked Hacking Exposed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Hacking Exposed has long bridged the demilitarized zone between the digital underground and corporate IT. Its praise has been sung by individuals ranging from well-respected hackers to Vice Presidents of major financial institutions. Says Barnaby Jack, Win32 buffer overflow expert: "The network security book that set the standard takes another leap forward. Whether you're a struggling novice or a seasoned pro - Hacking Exposed is required reading." Pete Murphy, Senior Vice President for Vulnerability and Response Management at Bank of America, affirms in the Foreword to the Third Edition "I hold great respect for the authors of this book. I have sought and received excellent advice from them over the years. In Hacking Exposed, they really have written 'The Book' on vulnerabilities and countermeasures. Read it, heed it, and use it.

07-25-2003 17:07 Homepage of kaplish Search for Posts by kaplish Add kaplish to your Buddy List Add kaplish to your Contact List AIM Screenname: usnipun YIM Screenname: usnipun
nulldevice nulldevice is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-06-2003

Rating:
7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.43

Level: 19 [?]
Experience Points: 20.776
Next Level: 22.851
2.075 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

well i am always thankful to 'hacking exposed' this is the only book which directed, my domain knoweldge (whicch i collected from here or there) , into a unidiectional path and get me started on .... i love it... and i recommend it for everyone whos intsted in securities or the other side of the same coin "hacking"

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-
rIDing hIGh oN tH3 sKy
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

07-25-2003 18:02 Send an Email to nulldevice Search for Posts by nulldevice Add nulldevice to your Buddy List Add nulldevice to your Contact List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 29 [?]
Experience Points: 217.969
Next Level: 242.754
24.785 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Hacking Exposed is a good start. Atleast it can make you a script kiddy which kaplish wants to be Wink.

www.gamingcell.com

07-25-2003 20:22 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Heather Heather is a Female
Respected Member

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 25 [?]
Experience Points: 83.065
Next Level: 100.000
16.935 point(s) of experience needed for next level

quote:
Originally posted by Ravish
Hacking Exposed is a good start. Atleast it can make you a script kiddy which kaplish wants to be Wink.

You should be careful when calling people script kiddies. Tongue There are those who act like script kiddies to draw a victim closer. But hey, they're so rare it's hilarious. Tongue

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

07-26-2003 09:15 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Heather
quote:
Originally posted by Ravish

You should be careful when calling people script kiddies. Tongue There are those who act like script kiddies to draw a victim closer. But hey, they're so rare it's hilarious. Tongue

I called him script kiddy cuz, I know him in real life.... and I know he is a script kiddy.

www.gamingcell.com

07-26-2003 10:35 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Registration Date: 07-31-2003
Linux Distro: Mandrake 9.1

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Level: 15 [?]
Experience Points: 5.999
Next Level: 7.465
1.466 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I own the book and I read parts of it. The one thing that the book is missing is the middle part. It starts out with footprinting another machine and getting information on it and port scanning. After that, it just asumes that you now have access to the other machine and what you can do to it so that you keep that access or get more.

The middle part is missing!! They fail to explain how to get from the port scanning to the access of the other machine.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be cracker, wanting to break into other computers and such, but I'm interested in the subject.

The worst enemy on the battlefield is an officer with a map.

08-03-2003 17:37 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

Which edition you've got? I read second edition and it discusses about some vulnerabilities and exploit to gain access. It have different chapters for popular OS. Though those exploit don't work now but it is enought to understand the logic.

www.gamingcell.com

08-03-2003 18:34 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Registration Date: 07-31-2003
Linux Distro: Mandrake 9.1

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Level: 15 [?]
Experience Points: 5.999
Next Level: 7.465
1.466 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I got the first edition

The worst enemy on the battlefield is an officer with a map.

08-03-2003 18:43 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
hax0r hax0r is a Male

Registration Date: 08-04-2003

Rate Member

Level: 4 [?]
Experience Points: 85
Next Level: 100
15 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Yeah, that shit is off the wall. Skript Kiddies. Keke.

-- // ph34r m3 f0r i 4m i337

08-04-2003 15:52 Send an Email to hax0r Search for Posts by hax0r Add hax0r to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: SprayTheWindex
Triple As

Rating:

script kiddy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Ravish Says me Script Kiddy !
Means He is Boss of script kiddy !
hahah
Nipun

08-18-2003 09:04 Homepage of kaplish Search for Posts by kaplish Add kaplish to your Buddy List Add kaplish to your Contact List AIM Screenname: usnipun YIM Screenname: usnipun
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
13 Votes - Average Rating: 6.69

Level: 21 [?]
Experience Points: 36.316
Next Level: 38.246
1.930 point(s) of experience needed for next level

hey
is ravish ur boss means u r his servant..
is that so...
LOL
ha ha ha ha

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

08-18-2003 09:16 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Triple As

Rating:

hey ! He is my personal Freiand ! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

He knows me practically ! i m kidding to him !
If i m his servant of him then u r also servant of ur friends ?
lol !

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kaplish on 08-19-2003 at 13:21.

08-19-2003 12:44 Homepage of kaplish Search for Posts by kaplish Add kaplish to your Buddy List Add kaplish to your Contact List AIM Screenname: usnipun YIM Screenname: usnipun
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

i didn't know that u know him in personnal life....
i just thaught u r trying to insult our administrator so .........

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

08-20-2003 19:16 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Triple As

Rating:

thanx ! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

thanx for telling me that i m insulting him !
if u cant belive it then tell him that !

08-21-2003 08:16 Homepage of kaplish Search for Posts by kaplish Add kaplish to your Buddy List Add kaplish to your Contact List AIM Screenname: usnipun YIM Screenname: usnipun
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

If he will insult anyone. What I am gonna do is... I will go to his home and call him out and kick is a** badly. Wink nipun, I am not joking... so beware.

www.gamingcell.com

08-22-2003 10:56 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Triple As

Rating:

come to my house today ! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

i will tell u how to kick to any one a**
hhahahahahah !
lol !

08-22-2003 11:50 Homepage of kaplish Search for Posts by kaplish Add kaplish to your Buddy List Add kaplish to your Contact List AIM Screenname: usnipun YIM Screenname: usnipun
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

ya kaplish u might had got a no. of kicks on ur ass so u can teach him better how to kick....
LOL
hahaha

08-22-2003 13:41 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
lhm0155 lhm0155 is a Male

Registration Date: 08-27-2003
Linux Distro: RedHat

Rate Member

Level: 5 [?]
Experience Points: 122
Next Level: 173
51 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Hacking Exposed not bad but.... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

has anyone read Real World Linux Security by Toxen???? i think that surpasses Hacking Exposed, oh BTW i have the fourth edition olf Hacking Exposed and wasn't that impressed, but it still is a must have for the book shelf

08-27-2003 22:09 Send an Email to lhm0155 Search for Posts by lhm0155 Add lhm0155 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lhm0155
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

I haven't read Real World Linux Security by Toxen.... cuz It's not available at my place Frown not even Hacking Exposed Fourth Edition is available. Here a crappy book called "Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking" is available. To be true... reading that book is just wastage of time.

www.gamingcell.com

08-28-2003 04:29 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
ashish
Lord

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 2.78

Experience Points: 16.014
1.470 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Hi Ravish, Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Why do u criticise Ankit so much....

I taled to him on phone.
He is a nice guy.

// ashish
www.blackcode1988.tk

08-28-2003 04:51 Send an Email to ashish Search for Posts by ashish Add ashish to your Buddy List
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: