News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » News » changing your startup and shutdown screens » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 9.22

Level: 13 [?]
Experience Points: 3.870
Next Level: 4.033
163 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Thumb Up! changing your startup and shutdown screens Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

CHANGING STARTUP AND SHUTDOWN SCREEN OF WINDOWS

hi all there
its smartass back with a new topic that is changing windows shutdown and startup screen
well windows people thinks that by giving horrible names to their system files and by hiding them they had made their windows very secure but they dont knows that nowadays even kids can finger windows by changing registries or by changing explorer i will that topics later for now its changing your startup and shutdown screens to show other peoples that you are genius.... he he he he
for this go to start->find->files or folders and find files naming logo.sys and logow.sys they must be in directory c:\ or c:\windows be sure of backing up those files with someother name so that you can switch to orignal one if you like..
well now double click those files one by one and a box would appear with no. of applications in it asking for application use to open the above files give the applications name as MS paint , be sure of not checking the box below asking for always open with as it may cause trouble while shutting down or startup.
u would see the screen there which u see at startup or shutdown u can finger with it change it or even paste your own picture there after all that do remember to save it as there orignal names that is logo.sys and logow.sys in the directories you found them.
reboot your computer and u would see your own creative startup or shutdown screen......

that all for now
see you later
if u have any trouble in windows or linux do mail me at
[email protected] (i reply all my mails)

bye
smartass

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

07-25-2003 16:36 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Heather Heather is a Female
Lord

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
5 Votes - Average Rating: 5.80

Level: 21 [?]
Experience Points: 30.570
Next Level: 38.246
7.676 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

This is not recommended...for those who are faint of heart. Wink

Silence you garrulous dolt; you're fucking up my chi!

07-26-2003 08:13 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
noODle
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-11-2003

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00

Level: 16 [?]
Experience Points: 8.230
Next Level: 10.000
1.770 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

This wont work on 2k and XP.
but nice contribution

Overhead the albatros hangs motionless upon the air.

07-29-2003 11:21 Send an Email to noODle Homepage of noODle Search for Posts by noODle Add noODle to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

hey heather
its really not for peoples faint of heart like you
so stay away with it

ha ha ha ha ha ha........

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

07-30-2003 09:28 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Lord

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by smartass
hey heather
its really not for peoples faint of heart like you
so stay away with it

ha ha ha ha ha ha........

Those are unsubstantiated claims! If you would like a definition of that word, feel free to
click here. I'm not faint of heart...and I'm very experienced. Not everyone brags openly about their abilities like you do. In the future you should think more about your claims.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Heather on 07-30-2003 at 20:22.

07-30-2003 20:12 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
noODle
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-11-2003

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00

Level: 16 [?]
Experience Points: 8.230
Next Level: 10.000
1.770 point(s) of experience needed for next level

quote:
Originally posted by Heather
and I'm very experienced. Not everyone brags openly about their abilities like you do.

bah

Overhead the albatros hangs motionless upon the air.

07-30-2003 22:30 Send an Email to noODle Homepage of noODle Search for Posts by noODle Add noODle to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

heather its not good to show offfff
u may be someone with a bit of knowledge but i think u r a script kiddie
coz most of the time i saw u flaming others
he..he....he.....he....he.....

07-31-2003 06:56 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
11 Votes - Average Rating: 9.55

Level: 26 [?]
Experience Points: 101.967
Next Level: 125.609
23.642 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I AGREE Wink

Administrator

07-31-2003 20:19 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
kerbeos_hole kerbeos_hole is a Male
Cool Newbie

Registration Date: 07-23-2003
Linux Distro: Suse

Rating:
1 Votes - Average Rating: 8.00

Level: 8 [?]
Experience Points: 607
Next Level: 674
67 point(s) of experience needed for next level

+XP Splash+ Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Big Grin Also If you are using WinXp , and want to change not only the boot Splash, Lol , also login Screen and Theme here is the place to go http://www.themeXp.org/ Tongue ..

quote:
Yo estoy libre de perjuicios Yo odio a todos por igual!

08-01-2003 01:07 Send an Email to kerbeos_hole Search for Posts by kerbeos_hole Add kerbeos_hole to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

thanx hole

08-01-2003 07:39 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Lord

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by smartass
heather its not good to show offfff
u may be someone with a bit of knowledge but i think u r a script kiddie
coz most of the time i saw u flaming others
he..he....he.....he....he.....

I'm just finding all this somewhat amusing.

I never showed off...you're the one showing off. I'm no script kiddie though. I just don't brag about my abilities. It's an arrogant practice used by arrogant people who have to brag to heighten themselves in the opinions of others. Whatever drives you is not what drives me. I don't seek mass recognition. I'm a quiet person and I very much enjoy to let people brag and make themselves look like idiots. I don't doubt your experienced, but I also have zero doubt that you waste no time in trying to make yourself look better than others. This is exactly what you're doing now.

As for flaming...flaming refers to useless, non-constructive remarks that are meant to be offensive. I may have some borderline posts that may seem harsh, but you won't find any posts that were meant to be insulting to the member. One or two may seem harsh, however, I kept the subject at hand close to heart and made it constructive. Back to what I said. You need to refrain from making unsubstantiated claims about people you don't know anything about.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE - If I were to flame you...it'd be something like this: Smartass is a sick human being. We shouldn't hate him, we shouldn't make fun of him, we shouldn't treat him as a pariah or a net.idiot--above all, we shouldn't flame him. We should reach out to him as a brother, with love and compassion, and operate on his brain.

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by Heather on 08-02-2003 at 08:39.

08-02-2003 08:18 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

well heather
on one hand u tells that u r not a arrogant guy flaming others and u never show off then what r u doing here trying tto show others that u r very intelligent not a script kiddie ha ha ha ha ha.....
well that seems funny for me but u always says that u never flames others and ur posts are harsh but not for flaming others
hey buddy whats the difference between two
all the members of this site has been fad up with u and really wanna f****** u
so mate
be carefull
he..he....he......he......he.......

heather is a script kiddie.....
ha ha ha ha ha

08-02-2003 09:01 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

quote:
I never showed off...you're the one showing off. I'm no script kiddie though. I just don't brag about my abilities. It's an arrogant practice used by arrogant people who have to brag to heighten themselves in the opinions of others. Whatever drives you is not what drives me. I don't seek mass recognition. I'm a quiet person and I very much enjoy to let people brag and make themselves look like idiots. I don't doubt your experienced, but I also have zero doubt that you waste no time in trying to make yourself look better than others. This is exactly what you're doing now.

As for flaming...flaming refers to useless, non-constructive remarks that are meant to be offensive. I may have some borderline posts that may seem harsh, but you won't find any posts that were meant to be insulting to the member. One or two may seem harsh, however, I kept the subject at hand close to heart and made it constructive. Back to what I said. You need to refrain from making unsubstantiated claims about people you don't know anything about.

Are you sure?

quote:
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE - If I were to flame you...it'd be something like this: Smartass is a sick human being. We shouldn't hate him, we shouldn't make fun of him, we shouldn't treat him as a pariah or a net.idiot--above all, we shouldn't flame him. We should reach out to him as a brother, with love and compassion, and operate on his brain.

Try that once.... and you'll probably get banned for doing that.

Administrator

08-02-2003 09:03 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

hey heather
what happened mate.....
i m not a newbei now i m now the team member of this site
i m linux advisory's moderator
so be carefull buddy
thanx ravish to take my side

heather is a script kiddie
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

08-02-2003 09:06 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
onzeponze

Registration Date: 06-17-2003

Rating:
2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Experience Points: 3.035
998 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I personally am all for Heather. From the looks of it, she seems rather educated and smart ( why are all 'em cursed girls that way? Big Grin ).
She isnt a script kiddie and its rude of Nitin to keep repeating it. You're part of a team people, behave like one!

08-04-2003 09:58 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by onzeponze
Its rude of Nitin to keep repeating it. You're part of a team people, behave like one!

I agree!

Administrator

08-04-2003 10:46 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

ok sorry guys
i would try to ba a nice guy and a team member
if anyone of u finds any prob with me just tell me
i m really sorry.....

08-04-2003 12:43 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
onzeponze

Registration Date: 06-17-2003

Rating:
2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Experience Points: 3.035
998 point(s) of experience needed for next level

now thats the way good boys behave! apologize to heather, not to all of us, Smile.

08-04-2003 13:45 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

ok onzeponze
i want to appologise to heather and so i had mailed her
if u guys want anything from me or find any probs with me just tell me

08-05-2003 17:18 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Lord

Rating:

Your comments of extreme disrespect, obnoxiousness and flat out being a complete jerk to me because I proved my point so well are completely out of line. I find them insulting to my intelligence and I don't accept your apology.

I know the only reason you're doing so is because your staff status is on the line.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Heather on 08-05-2003 at 22:57.

08-05-2003 19:53 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: