News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » News » editing explorer.exe » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 9.22

Level: 13 [?]
Experience Points: 3.869
Next Level: 4.033
164 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Thumb Up! editing explorer.exe Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

EDITING EXPLORER OR THE WAY YOUR COMPUTER LOOKS

hey there
its smartass back with a new topic about editing the explorer.......
well frankly telling i just hate windows so keeps looking for new things to fu** the windows in my pc i formated my harddisk yesterday while doing some new experiment
you all must be knowing the fact that the first program executes after booting up the system is explorer its responsible for all background pics , the icons , the toolbar and all that stinking stuff... so if u want to change that or say want to put your name instead of start in bottom left of your system or want to remove icons like network neighbourhood or recycle bin you had to even edit the explorer or your registries.
i would cover registries in my next post but time now to f*** explorer.
before doing anything you must be having sound knowledge of DOS and not denial of services and you should be having a boot up disk in case of some error done by u or to boot your system and most importantly a backup copy of explorer.exe u would find it in c:\windows.
if u dont know how to make a boot up disk then see my old post on partioning the hard disk
now boot your system with boot up disk and then give following commands

a:\>edit /70 explorer.exe

it would open a window full of coded symbols , don't change any of these symbols keep scrolling downwards and u would found s t a r t return with a space in between each letter its not space as the ascii equiv of space is 32 but the space here having a value of 0 so dont delete any space in between the characters as it might crash your explorer and u had to do the whole stuuf again by backing the explorer.exe.
ya one thing if u want to change start and wants to place something there then u acn only place a word with no. of characters equal to start or one you are changing , i tried to increase or decrease the no. of characters and everytime i do it , my explorer crashes so be very carefull while doing it .
hey i wouldn't be responsible of any thing as u might can do some foolish things there ya but surely i can help you

thats all for now
see you again with a new topic
well be free to ask any querries in this topic or ny other topic in windows and linux....
just amil me at
[email protected] ( i reply all my mails)

bye
smartass

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

07-25-2003 17:45 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Prasad Prasad is a Male
Cool Newbie

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Linux Distro: Red hat

Rating:
1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Level: 8 [?]
Experience Points: 611
Next Level: 674
63 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Nice Work

Just Cool

cute

07-31-2003 11:01 Send an Email to Prasad Search for Posts by Prasad Add Prasad to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

hey thanx
prasad
u can finger the explorer and can do any f****** thing there
but make sure to make a copy of explorer.exe as it can easily crashes

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

07-31-2003 17:49 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Registration Date: 07-31-2003
Linux Distro: Mandrake 9.1

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00

Level: 11 [?]
Experience Points: 1.498
Next Level: 2.074
576 point(s) of experience needed for next level

If you want to change some of the prity colors or some of the Wording in Windows, just use a nifty little program called "Resource Hacker". Big Grin

With this little program you can look at nearly every win32 EXE file and change a lot of the strings and images that are included in the file. This way you can change the crappy looking "Windows 2000 Workstation" text on the start menu into a different picture that you want Baaa

This way you don't have to be with stupid With Stupid

The worst enemy on the battlefield is an officer with a map.

08-04-2003 10:44 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

well ya dread
u can use that stuff but to be a real hack**** or a computer expert instead of using softwares u should use ur brain....
so instead of using that software behave like a real dude and do something nice without softwares
ha ha ha

08-05-2003 17:21 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Rating:

try changing a picture within the explorer.exe file just by using notepad. When you can do that, tell me and then I'll stop using software.

The other thing is, why should I do it the hard way, if I can do it the easy way by using software that someone else already made. I mean, I'm trying to break into the CIA mainframe computer, I'm just changing a simple picture in the eplorer.exe file.

08-05-2003 17:52 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

which pic are u talking bout
tell me the pic to change and i would try to change it for u
and the other thing if u can break in the CIA main frame computer then why cann't change the pic u r talking bout....

08-06-2003 16:13 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Rating:

Sorry bout that, I meant to say that I'm NOT trying to break into the CIA main frame computer.

About the pictures: There are some pictures in the explorer.exe file, I just don't remember which ones. I'm too lazy to look for resource hacker on my backup cds and I'm too lazy too boot up Windows.

I remember there being pictures for the startmenu in the explorer.exe file. You know that on the left side of the startmenu there is picture that says "Windows 2000" or whatever OS your running in white letters. There are some more pictures of the kind in the explorer.exe file. Now I know that you can change them with the resource hacker. When you can change one of them using notepad tell me.

08-06-2003 16:21 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

well dread
i would try my best to do that whenever i got time for that
coz right now i m very busy in my colleges and some scripts on which i working on......
so have paitence and continue using resource hacker till then......

08-06-2003 16:26 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Rating:

Well, I'm working with Linux for now. Once I get bored with Linux I might switch back to Windows again.

08-06-2003 16:48 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

hi dread
how can u get bored by using OS such as linux..
however i would try to do that as soon as i got some spare time.

08-07-2003 07:10 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Rating:

I got bored with Windows when I had almost everything. After a while I thought I might try something different, you know start learning a completely different OS.

The one thing I love most about Linux, is that you can do everything from the command line. Reminds me of Dos somehow and really liked Dos.

08-07-2003 09:50 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

well dread
linux is a bit like DOS coz u do anything from command line but still more powerfull and exciting to use
try doing something nice on that and it might change the way u think...

08-07-2003 16:55 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
11 Votes - Average Rating: 9.55

Level: 26 [?]
Experience Points: 101.963
Next Level: 125.609
23.646 point(s) of experience needed for next level

quote:
Originally posted by Nitin
well dread
linux is a bit like DOS coz u do anything from command line but still more powerfull and exciting to use
try doing something nice on that and it might change the way u think...

DOS ? DOS doesn't even stands near. LOL

Administrator

08-07-2003 17:04 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

ya thats right
DOS cann't stands near linux but still DOS alikes LINUX coz both are command line interface......
LOL
ha ha ha

08-07-2003 17:11 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Nitin
ya thats right
DOS cann't stands near linux but still DOS alikes LINUX coz both are command line interface......
LOL
ha ha ha

Linux is not just command line. It has GUI too.

Administrator

08-07-2003 17:56 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

so what its a command line tooooo........

08-07-2003 18:01 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Rating:

The point was, that in Linux you can do everything using a console. The Console is like a Dos console in Windows and like Dos OS. I wasn't saying that Linux was like Dos, I was just saying that both Linux and Dos you can do everything in a command line.

I just like the command line since it gives me the feeling of greater control and a feeling of greater know-how which I don't get from a GUI!!

08-07-2003 19:15 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

I like command line.... More freedom and fun to do Smile

Administrator

08-07-2003 21:37 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Dread Dread is a Male
Conqueror

Rating:

Exactly what I meant!!Big Grin Tongue

08-07-2003 23:57 Send an Email to Dread Search for Posts by Dread Add Dread to your Buddy List
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: