News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » News » wired banks in india » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
smarty smarty is a Male

Registration Date: 07-29-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rate Member

Level: 3 [?]
Experience Points: 48
Next Level: 54
6 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Big Grin wired banks in india Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

WIRED BANKS OPEN TO RISKS

hi there
its smarty back with a new news
A nationalised bank in delhi reported an unusual robbery a couple of weeks ago. An amount worth 27 lakhs or say 59000$ were missing from one of its customers account .But there was no evidence of a robbery or loot , as it was much more sophisticated.
An employee of an infotech company,who took care of the annual maintainence of the computers for that bank had siphoned off the money in front of banks staff as no one even knows what he was doing , he broke into account details and transfers the money to his account by just a click of a button.
the incident probably exposes the state of e-security here in india espacially in banking sector ,
though banks have been agressive in wiring there buissness but no one had gone to provide the security to these banks and even banks aren't intrested in e-security as they thaught its waste fo time and money ,
but this incident tells us that u just had to know someone's account no. and access to his pc or just some information about the the guy and anyone can take off his money.
the banks are paying a lot of amount to make their business wired or say are using computers , by now 90% of banks had been connected to computers but very few pays attention and money for INFORMATION SECURITY(IS) .
well hope that with this incident banks and other peoples starts paying attention to IS.

well thats for now
see you again

smarty
mail me at
[email protected]

life is very small so get most out of it
enjoy......

07-29-2003 19:28 Send an Email to smarty Homepage of smarty Search for Posts by smarty Add smarty to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
11 Votes - Average Rating: 9.55

Level: 26 [?]
Experience Points: 101.963
Next Level: 125.609
23.646 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Well... tell you one thing truly. Indian organizations are not taking computer security seriously. I breaked the servers of BSNL(The Largest Telecomunication Company In India) and notified them about the issue. And they didn't took it seriously and don't even want to fix thier vulnerabilities. As a result, they are still open to alot of vulnerabilities. If The Largest Telecomunication Company In India Government have such an attitude, then we can imagine how others would be.

Administrator

07-29-2003 23:07 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 9.22

Level: 13 [?]
Experience Points: 3.869
Next Level: 4.033
164 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

well ravish
u really done nice to tell guys there about vulnerabilities
well if they still are not serious then why not hack** it once again .
he..he..he..he..

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

07-30-2003 09:34 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: