News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Q & A - Discussions » Miscellaneous » Trinity Rescue Kit » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
noODle
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-11-2003

Rating:
4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00

Level: 19 [?]
Experience Points: 18.987
Next Level: 22.851
3.864 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Trinity Rescue Kit Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

I really like the live linux distributions like
knoppix
or the suse live eval
http://www.suse.com/index_us.html
They are great for linux noobs (no partitioning/installing) and for system recovery.
I recently got notified of a new one which I will definatly give a shot.
It is called Trinity Rescue Kit and can be found:
http://www.trinityhome.org/trk/index.html (if the link does not work open their main site and navigate to it)
A quote from their site:
quote:
The Trinity Rescue Kit 1.1 is a Linux distribution based on Mandrake 9.1 binaries. It is designed to rescue/repair/prepare dead or damaged systems, be it Linux or Windows. It has networking capabilities like ssh, samba and ftp and supports about every network card, disk controller and USB controller. You can use it to repair a Windows 2000 or Windows XP system by setting the checkdisk flag or editing the registry or just reset the administrator password (or any other user). You can even undelete files from an ntfs, ext2 or fat partition

I have not tried it yet as I am in the middle of redesigning my hdd but it definitly looks good and is on the top of my list.

Cheers
noODle

Overhead the albatros hangs motionless upon the air.

08-11-2003 13:07 Send an Email to noODle Homepage of noODle Search for Posts by noODle Add noODle to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 29 [?]
Experience Points: 211.837
Next Level: 242.754
30.917 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Wow!'ll definately download it.

08-11-2003 14:34 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
onzeponze onzeponze is a Male
Lord

Registration Date: 06-17-2003
Linux Distro: Knoppix

Rating:
6 Votes - Average Rating: 3.83

Level: 23 [?]
Experience Points: 49.556
Next Level: 62.494
12.938 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

yep, knoppix was my first linux distribution, isnt it debian?

08-12-2003 11:17 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 29 [?]
Experience Points: 211.837
Next Level: 242.754
30.917 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I downloaded TRK and burned it last night. Kick ass goodie Smile

08-12-2003 11:31 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
13 Votes - Average Rating: 6.69

Level: 21 [?]
Experience Points: 34.950
Next Level: 38.246
3.296 point(s) of experience needed for next level

i had worked on Knoppix but didn't found it worth working
but don't know bout that kit
i would surely try it

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

08-13-2003 15:47 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: