News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » News » Female gamers outnumber boys !! » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kaplish kaplish is a Male
Double As

Registration Date: 07-25-2003
Linux Distro: Linux Red hat

Rating:
6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00

Level: 16 [?]
Experience Points: 9.209
Next Level: 10.000
791 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Tongue Female gamers outnumber boys !! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Challenging the stereotype that video gaming is the domain of teenage boys, an industry group has reported that more women over 18 than young boys are playing games and the average age of players has risen to 29.

08-28-2003 08:47 Homepage of kaplish Search for Posts by kaplish Add kaplish to your Buddy List Add kaplish to your Contact List AIM Screenname: usnipun YIM Screenname: usnipun
Heather Heather is a Female
Lord

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 24 [?]
Experience Points: 69.920
Next Level: 79.247
9.327 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

The reason for this is...you're living along side the first generation of women where they grew up with game consoles, computer games and games in general that were targeted for men and women. Don't be too shocked though. Smile

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

08-28-2003 09:16 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
nulldevice nulldevice is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-06-2003

Rating:
7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.43

Level: 18 [?]
Experience Points: 15.236
Next Level: 17.484
2.248 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Nos are shocking though...it just tells how addicted to technology the mankind has become....and this is just changing our social pattern,behavious and social relationships...

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-
rIDing hIGh oN tH3 sKy
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

08-28-2003 17:49 Send an Email to nulldevice Search for Posts by nulldevice Add nulldevice to your Buddy List Add nulldevice to your Contact List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
13 Votes - Average Rating: 6.69

Level: 20 [?]
Experience Points: 28.015
Next Level: 29.658
1.643 point(s) of experience needed for next level

may be coz... girls have high degree of free time to waste...

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

08-29-2003 16:55 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
onzeponze onzeponze is a Male
Lord

Registration Date: 06-17-2003
Linux Distro: Knoppix

Rating:
5 Votes - Average Rating: 2.60

Level: 21 [?]
Experience Points: 37.290
Next Level: 38.246
956 point(s) of experience needed for next level

nah, free time? more and more females are starting to work, and usually do better then men.

08-31-2003 09:46 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

ya but still...
mens are better than woman in any and every field...

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

08-31-2003 17:45 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Lord

Rating:

lol, we have a male chauvinist! What you're saying is untrue, take education for instance, women far outnumber boys in medical school.

Heather, care to take him, or should I?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by onzeponze on 09-01-2003 at 04:05.

09-01-2003 04:03 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Lord

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Nitin
ya but still...

That isn't true at all...I would gladly prove you wrong. Smile

09-01-2003 05:05 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Lord

Rating:

please do, this board could do with some civilized arguing.

09-01-2003 09:34 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by Heather
quote:
ya but still...

That isn't true at all...I would gladly prove you wrong. Smile

ya prove that if u can...

09-01-2003 18:15 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 28 [?]
Experience Points: 185.072
Next Level: 195.661
10.589 point(s) of experience needed for next level

What I believe is... no one is better than other... both have some good and bad things.

09-01-2003 19:13 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
noODle
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-11-2003

Rating:
4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00

Experience Points: 16.783
701 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Got a link to that ?

Overhead the albatros hangs motionless upon the air.

09-01-2003 23:27 Send an Email to noODle Homepage of noODle Search for Posts by noODle Add noODle to your Buddy List
Lord

Rating:

I remember this piece of news...and as I remember it, female gamers were catching up, but nowhere near topping male gamers.

09-02-2003 02:50 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
nulldevice nulldevice is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-06-2003

Rating:
7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.43

Experience Points: 15.236
2.248 point(s) of experience needed for next level

women are really proving it boys...so dont be in the illusion we are better and start some hard work or otherwise be ready to be bosses by a female who was once ur classmate Big Grin

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-
rIDing hIGh oN tH3 sKy
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

09-02-2003 12:50 Send an Email to nulldevice Search for Posts by nulldevice Add nulldevice to your Buddy List Add nulldevice to your Contact List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

i can't even dream of womans ruling over boys...
ya few gals like MOTHER TERRESA and others were way way ahead of guys but.. still most of the gals likes doing make up etc.. instead of some constructive work...
as much as i know there are very gals in this field of hacking......
ya gals are catching up but they would never ever be able to catch us ........

09-02-2003 13:22 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
ashish
Triple As

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 2.78

Level: 16 [?]
Experience Points: 9.738
Next Level: 10.000
262 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Hi nitin, Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

I agree with you 100%.
We are oeganizing annual comp. symposium Code 2003 in our school in which
around 30 schools would be participating.
i along with 5 more members of our club are organizing it.

But we have 24 members in our club and not even a single girl
passed in the test.
They can never get ahead of us.

// ashish
www.blackcode1988.tk

09-03-2003 14:36 Send an Email to ashish Search for Posts by ashish Add ashish to your Buddy List
Lord

Rating:

okay guys, have it your way

09-03-2003 15:28 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Lord

Rating:

quote:
i can't even dream of womans ruling over boys...
ya few gals like MOTHER TERRESA and others were way way ahead of guys but.. still most of the gals likes doing make up etc.. instead of some constructive work...
as much as i know there are very gals in this field of hacking......
ya gals are catching up but they would never ever be able to catch us ........

Can you get anymore ist? Women are capable of everything you are. I know this to be a definite fact. Culture has a lot to do with your views on women. Women may not be prohibited completely from entering your nations most prestigious tech schools, but they are vastly outnumbered. Yes, I'm talking about The Indian Institute of Technology. The worlds best technical school. The one who's graduates have changed the world forever; that own half of Silicon Valley. I hear some 90% of the students are male. The way I've heard this school boasted makes it seem like every boys dream.

You know, there are nations that have female presidents. There are MANY companies with female CEO's. There are many positions filled by women who are in a commanding role of the workplace. Last time I checked there were a lot of women attending tech school here in the U.S. Sure, not as much as men in that area, however, the numbers are growing.

Let me tell you something about this misconception you have of women and their makeup. This is all facade. Women wear it for different reasons. Facade has nothing to do with who she is on the inside. To coin a common saying; don't judge a book by it's cover. What this means is don't judge women and their abilities on their use of makeup. You saying that they "will never be able to catch us [guys]" is not a very smart thing to say. I know you're smarter than that.

It seems to me....in order to see the potential in women, you must first respect them as equal. Give them the same opportunities that you, as men, have for yourself, and yours sons. The fact is. You may not like the idea of a woman being your boss...but I can pretty much guarantee that if you were in the United States or any other country that doesn't oppress women's rights; you would have to work beneath a female boss several times in your life.

You have just read the opinion of a female...

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by Heather on 09-04-2003 at 17:30.

09-04-2003 17:02 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Rating:

first thing first....
u said bout IIT or indian institute of tech. , u said there are 90% male students...ya thats true.. but not coz womens are supressed here but that coz gals are not that much intelligent to get admission there... in IIT there is an open test in which anyone means either a gal or guy or even a
homoual can get admission if they are capable of clearing the exam...
ya i agree with u that many nations have women presidents and works in very high posts but still its a man's world....coz majority is of guys....
and last but not the least ,if i would in US i may had to work under gals ya thats alright.. but i would like to do a smaller job with less pay or maximum working hours under a man i wouldld like that instead of doing a job in which i get million of dollars but i had to work under ladies...
u can say thats MAIL EGO ya it is that but i called it as SELF RESPECT.

09-04-2003 19:34 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 28 [?]
Experience Points: 185.072
Next Level: 195.661
10.589 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I really hate the way women are underestimated in India. But, I would like to add that girls in India should not be given addmission in engineering because they can't work as an engineer... can't play with tools and heavy work and all that. They only like to do books & documents work. By taking addmission in engineering they just take the addmission that should be given to a boy so that he can properly utilize. I've seen many girls done engineering and finally became a house wife or just a teacher.

Mother Teressa hasn't done anything so great. They way she helped poor ppl.... helped her more in getting publicity and a bad name for India. She asked for donations from other countries resulting in bad name and image of India. There are many ppl who help poor ppl in a much better way she did... but they don't ask donations from other nations. And don't indulge into publicity.

And Nitin... Don't you remember about Indra Gandhi? She is probly the best Prime Minister in the history of India. She was the only one who did something really cool for India like "Blue Star" operation.

It seems to me that Nitin watches alot of television. Cuz the TV serials in India are the reasons for such a thinking about women. Women themselves are reducing thier values in India. In such things countries like USA are far better. Cuz they are moving ahead to the equality between men and women. I wish if we could do that in India.

I oftenly have arguments with my family & friends on this topic. Sometimes, I am against women.... Sometimes, I support them.

I really hate the in-equality between men and women. There is a rule in India that one have to wear a helmet while riding a 2 wheeler (bike or scooter etc). If we guys don't wear helmet.... The police catch us and fine us. But, why they don't do that with women? Women don't wear helmet and they are not fined. Why so? Doesn't they have an head? Can't they met with an accident?
Bringing equality between men and women is the first thing that I would like to change in India. So, Nitin... come out of the old damn dark world and explore the new generation.

09-04-2003 20:40 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: