News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Community » News » Freelamo » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
noODle
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-11-2003

Rating:
4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00

Level: 18 [?]
Experience Points: 16.784
Next Level: 17.484
700 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Freelamo Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

quote:
Lamo, 22, turned himself in at the U.S. courthouse in Sacramento, Calif., ending a five-day manhunt during which FBI agents laid seige to his family's home in the Sacramento suburbs and his defense attorney negotiated the surrender with federal prosecutors.

source:http://news.com.com/2100-1009_3-5073426.html?tag=fd_top

This particular individual did not harm any of the networks he found were vulnarable ,instead he helped them secure their network better. Now he faces serious charges and turned himself in.
quote:

Lamo has become famous for publicly exposing gaping security holes at large corporations, then volunteering to help the companies fix the vulnerabilities he exploited -- sometimes visiting their offices or signing non-disclosure agreements in the process. Until now, his cooperation and transparency have kept him from being prosecuted.

source: http://www.securityfocus.com/news/6907

read more about this at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/news/6888
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-846215.html?tag=nl
http://news.com.com/2100-.html?tag=nl

http://freelamo.com/

Overhead the albatros hangs motionless upon the air.

09-09-2003 21:15 Send an Email to noODle Homepage of noODle Search for Posts by noODle Add noODle to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 28 [?]
Experience Points: 185.078
Next Level: 195.661
10.583 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Another case like Kenvin Mitnick. But, Lamo seems to be in a better position than Kenvin Mitnick was. This kinda arrest really suxs. Such thing was going to happen once with me.
I breaked into an ISP and reported him that I breaked in and I could help him in fixing the network. But that bloody Fucker threatened me to complaint police. But, he couldn't do anything as he was not having any kinda logs pointin towards me.

09-09-2003 21:41 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Heather Heather is a Female
Lord

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 24 [?]
Experience Points: 69.924
Next Level: 79.247
9.323 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

There are a lot of real crappy technicalities in the law.

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

09-10-2003 00:21 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
nulldevice nulldevice is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-06-2003

Rating:
7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.43

Level: 18 [?]
Experience Points: 15.237
Next Level: 17.484
2.247 point(s) of experience needed for next level

well he is a helping hacker with a true spirit and we shuld appriciate his efforts in securing the networx....

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-
rIDing hIGh oN tH3 sKy
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

09-10-2003 06:02 Send an Email to nulldevice Search for Posts by nulldevice Add nulldevice to your Buddy List Add nulldevice to your Contact List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by nulldevice
well he is a helping hacker with a true spirit and we shuld appriciate his efforts in securing the networx....

Yeah... very true.

09-10-2003 07:15 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
ashish
Triple As

Registration Date: 08-26-2003

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 2.78

Level: 16 [?]
Experience Points: 9.740
Next Level: 10.000
260 point(s) of experience needed for next level

hey Ravish Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Which was that lucky ISP.....

// ashish
www.blackcode1988.tk

09-10-2003 07:33 Send an Email to ashish Search for Posts by ashish Add ashish to your Buddy List
onzeponze onzeponze is a Male
Lord

Registration Date: 06-17-2003
Linux Distro: Knoppix

Rating:
5 Votes - Average Rating: 2.60

Level: 21 [?]
Experience Points: 37.293
Next Level: 38.246
953 point(s) of experience needed for next level

crappy technicalities, thats what lawyers live off. i may do law in the future if not computer science.

09-10-2003 15:17 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

RE: hey Ravish Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

quote:
Originally posted by ashish
Which was that lucky ISP.....

It was a small ISP... Aarti Technologies

09-10-2003 16:27 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
13 Votes - Average Rating: 6.69

Level: 20 [?]
Experience Points: 28.019
Next Level: 29.658
1.639 point(s) of experience needed for next level

yup that kinda activities like arrests and all that fuckin stuff would make guys feared of learning this art and those who know that , they would like to exploit that vulnerability instead of reporting it to admins.

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

09-10-2003 18:52 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Lord

Rating:

ravish, why do you always report to the admin? you should cause some small damage and leave a note, lol. that way they'll learn the hard way.

09-14-2003 09:07 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Rating:

quote:
Originally posted by onzeponze
ravish, why do you always report to the admin? you should cause some small damage and leave a note, lol. that way they'll learn the hard way.

Naah... I don't want to indulge in any kind of illegal activities.

09-14-2003 09:48 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
13 Votes - Average Rating: 6.69

Level: 20 [?]
Experience Points: 28.019
Next Level: 29.658
1.639 point(s) of experience needed for next level

no,we guys don't want to teach them a lesson but our main aim is to secure our indian sites and servers not crack them..

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

09-14-2003 09:53 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
Lord

Rating:

its obvious indians will only learn the hard way.

09-14-2003 14:34 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: