News Register Control Panel Private Messages Members List Team Search News Posts About Us

Linux Advisory » Q & A - Discussions » Microsoft Security » Patching Windows » Hello Guest [login|register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
noODle
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-11-2003

Rating:
4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00

Level: 19 [?]
Experience Points: 20.656
Next Level: 22.851
2.195 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Patching Windows Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

quote:
A virus or worm that exploits newly revealed vulnerabilities in the current versions of Windows could emerge fairly soon, security experts say, in part because the vulnerabilities are very similar to the flaws exploited by the MSBlast worm.

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5074415.html?tag=fd_top

Just patch you box to prevent another blaster.
nuff said
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml...storyID=3422393

Overhead the albatros hangs motionless upon the air.

09-11-2003 11:46 Send an Email to noODle Homepage of noODle Search for Posts by noODle Add noODle to your Buddy List
Nitin Nitin is a Male
Contributor

Registration Date: 07-24-2003
Linux Distro: red hat 8.0

Rating:
13 Votes - Average Rating: 6.69

Level: 21 [?]
Experience Points: 36.298
Next Level: 38.246
1.948 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

is this a year of viruses for windows...
if this continues then in few years microsoft guys had to spend most of there time in making patches for all that vulnerabilities ...

Well for me life is very small and one time oppurtunity given to us by allmighty up above there so i want to make most of that so that after my death i keep living in peoples heart Wub

09-11-2003 12:31 Send an Email to Nitin Homepage of Nitin Search for Posts by Nitin Add Nitin to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: smart_ass_8_3
nulldevice nulldevice is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-06-2003

Rating:
7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.43

Experience Points: 20.770
2.081 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information

Its RPC again.....
Eeye has found a new hole in RPC implementation...heap Corruption...
Advisory Here : http://packetstormsecurity.nl/0309-advisories/rpcagain.txt

its diff from the previous RPC hole....

seems to be M$ RPCs are going to prove hard for them...

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-
rIDing hIGh oN tH3 sKy
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

09-11-2003 13:21 Send an Email to nulldevice Search for Posts by nulldevice Add nulldevice to your Buddy List Add nulldevice to your Contact List
Ravish Ravish is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 12-27-2002
Linux Distro: Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo

Rating:
15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.13

Level: 29 [?]
Experience Points: 217.935
Next Level: 242.754
24.819 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Yet another vulnerability and a temorary patch. Why don't they re-write thier Opearting System and make it more stable and secure.

www.gamingcell.com

09-11-2003 16:42 Send an Email to Ravish Homepage of Ravish Search for Posts by Ravish Add Ravish to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Ravi5h YIM Screenname: ravishahuja1
nulldevice nulldevice is a Male
Administrator

Registration Date: 06-06-2003

Rating:
7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.43

Experience Points: 20.770
2.081 point(s) of experience needed for next level

M$ can never do that...they are "money friendly" after all..Big Grin

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-
rIDing hIGh oN tH3 sKy
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

09-11-2003 18:26 Send an Email to nulldevice Search for Posts by nulldevice Add nulldevice to your Buddy List Add nulldevice to your Contact List
Heather Heather is a Female
Respected Member

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 25 [?]
Experience Points: 83.040
Next Level: 100.000
16.960 point(s) of experience needed for next level

*sigh* Well, I'm always fully patched...

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Heather on 09-11-2003 at 21:21.

09-11-2003 21:21 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
onzeponze onzeponze is a Male
Lord

Registration Date: 06-17-2003
Linux Distro: Knoppix

Rating:
6 Votes - Average Rating: 3.83

Level: 23 [?]
Experience Points: 55.482
Next Level: 62.494
7.012 point(s) of experience needed for next level

hmm, im on 98 so i'm safe i think. i've never patched in my life, stupid of me, but who cares. i'll be getting a new pc soon

09-14-2003 06:33 Send an Email to onzeponze Search for Posts by onzeponze Add onzeponze to your Buddy List
DJCrazyJimmy DJCrazyJimmy is a Male

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Rating:
2 Votes - Average Rating: 6.00

Level: 17 [?]
Experience Points: 10.357
Next Level: 13.278
2.921 point(s) of experience needed for next level

Oh yeah this one is alot of fun. I had installed my new OS and within 24 hours of having a fresh install on a brand new HD and attempting to download the updates from the www.windowsupdate.com website I had some sort of problem. DLLHOST.EXE was taking up 100% of my bandwith and 90% of system resources. WOW! I got help and fixed the problem but this is a little LAME for a fresh install, basically Security with Windows is questionable.

~Jimmy

09-28-2003 11:12 Send an Email to DJCrazyJimmy Homepage of DJCrazyJimmy Search for Posts by DJCrazyJimmy Add DJCrazyJimmy to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: DJCrazyJimmy YIM Screenname: DJCrazyJimmy
Kama Kama is a Male
Lord

Registration Date: 10-10-2003
Linux Distro: Red Hat

Rating:
3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.67

Level: 14 [?]
Experience Points: 5.315
Next Level: 5.517
202 point(s) of experience needed for next level

I'm used to the erroneous errors generated in XP!!! I'm waiting for a better PC to work seriously with Linux.

Ishwon

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kama on 10-13-2003 at 14:39.

10-13-2003 14:38 Send an Email to Kama Homepage of Kama Search for Posts by Kama Add Kama to your Buddy List
Heather Heather is a Female
Respected Member

Registration Date: 05-21-2003
Linux Distro: I'm OS neutral.

Rating:
9 Votes - Average Rating: 3.67

Level: 25 [?]
Experience Points: 83.040
Next Level: 100.000
16.960 point(s) of experience needed for next level

quote:
Originally posted by DJCrazyJimmy
Oh yeah this one is alot of fun. I had installed my new OS and within 24 hours of having a fresh install on a brand new HD and attempting to download the updates from the www.windowsupdate.com website I had some sort of problem. DLLHOST.EXE was taking up 100% of my bandwith and 90% of system resources. WOW! I got help and fixed the problem but this is a little LAME for a fresh install, basically Security with Windows is questionable.

~Jimmy

DJCrazyJimmy, I've never once had an error like that. Maybe the install went kaput. Tongue

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

10-13-2003 19:22 Send an Email to Heather Search for Posts by Heather Add Heather to your Buddy List
Post Reply:
Title (Optional):

Convert URLs: Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Email Notification: Notifies you by email every time there is a new post in this thread.
Deactivate smilies in this post.
Add Signature: Displays your signature in this post.

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: